Skip to primary navigation Skip to main content

One of my main responsibilities is to assist Hoosiers with difficulties they have interacting with a federal government agency. If you are a resident of Indiana and need assistance with a federal agency, my staff and I may be able to help.

Please review the information on the right-hand side regarding federal casework to determine how my office may serve you. If you would like my staff to look into a matter related to a federal agency, please select “open a case” and complete the privacy authorization form. You can also review my Hoosier Resource Guide for a list of state and federal resources available to help you with a variety of issues. Please click here for more information.

Below is information on federal agencies and some of the most common casework topics.

  • Immigration image

    Immigration »

    If you are experiencing difficulty obtaining a visa or have questions regarding the U.S. immigration laws and how to apply for legal status, my office may be able to help you.

  • Taxes image

    IRS/Taxes »

    The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) often can be difficult to navigate. If you have questions or concerns regarding the IRS or federal taxes, my office may be able to assist.

  • Passport image

    Passports/Travel Abroad »

    Senator Coats is happy to help individuals with the passport application process, which often generates many questions. To view some questions on how to obtain as passport and other helpful links.

  • Social securit image

    Social Security »

    If you are experiencing difficulty dealing with the Social Security Administration (SSA) or the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), my staff may be able to help.

  • Veteran's image

    Veteran's Administration »

    America’s veterans deserve to receive the care and support they need. My office is available to assist veterans who have not received the benefits or medals they have earned.